Page 70 of 305 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980120170 ... LastLast
Results 691 to 700 of 3042

Thread: Games: What games are you currently playing? [OT!]

  1. #691
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The % of amazement I'll get at Nintendo's thing is calculated like this:

    Desirability = Number_of_RPGs_that_are_mature_enough_and_arent_fr igging_SNES_ports * 10

    10 RPGs = 100% = I'll get it

    Hope Nintendo doesn't start with N64 ports... Because on the GBA, almost every interesting game (to me) is just a port of a SNES game I played years ago, only it has crappy sound and smaller view.

    I mean, the SNES rocked, r0x0red, pwned, I don't get tired of writing how much ass did the SNES kick, it was da bezt, I'd trade buttsecks for its games, omg, wtf, etc etc, but dammit, GET OVER IT! I already played those games a gazillion times for Albedo's sake!

    <font color="#101010" size="1">[ May 13, 2004 06:33 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>

  2. #692
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    BTW, no PSX ports on PSP either or I'm not buying. I already played Final Fantasy, Chrono stuff, Grandia, and whatever game you want ? I want N-E-W god-slaying stuff.

  3. #693
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT OCB - No, i disagree, i think DS is a kids console, and PSP is an adults console, teens being the overlap. It doesnt take long to look at DS's game line-up to see that:

    DS:
    Super Mario 64x4
    Mario Kart DS
    Metroid Prime: Hunters
    New Super Mario Bros.
    Animal Crossing DS
    WarioWare, Inc. DS
    PictoChat

    Sony have yet to reveal their full game line-up for the PSP, but the specs, capabilities, and the overall price seem more geared towards adults who want a bit more out of their handheld than just playing games. Sony have also mentioned that they may advertise this towards teens, but it is all dependant on its success with the older market.

    IRT Wiseman - Yeah, i definately agree. I bought a GBA real cheap, but have failed to find all that many original RPG's on it.
    Im hoping DS wont fall into the same trap, but looking at the above line-up (from Nintendo), it seems that it may be the case.
    On the PSP however, i think we'll be getting a lot of new stuff, with perhaps a few remakes (most probably from the FF series), but nothing too excessive.

    <font color="#101010" size="1">[ May 13, 2004 06:40 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

  4. #694
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    IRT Cata: I hope you're right; I really want a next-gen pocket console and I'll have time to play, now I need the games I want to play on it.

    Kana ~Little Sister~ would be a great game for it; it's adult, well suited for a pocket console (it's more like a choose-your-own-path book with images), and they say it's pretty good and really touching. I haven't had time to try it yet. A remake of the game with new, more stylish graphics and no hentai (*) is on the works for Xbox, I hope it sells so they work some more on it.

    (*): Because they don't want trouble with M$, and because people who don't know what's the game about think it's sick stuff ("Little Sister" + hentai game). They'll be removing the few sex love scenes it had, which won't really hurt the game because its main point is the story.

  5. #695
    Inactive Member Ogreasy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hmm, hentai and dating sims on handhelds?
    Cool! I'm getting one!
    Yeah, I've never touched a dating sim or anything like that.
    I guess if they watered it down they could be a hit in the States, I mean, Americans like the SIMS.
    Thats a pretty damn dating oriented simulator if you ask me.

  6. #696
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Only no story and no cute anime characters

  7. #697
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Currently playing Valkyrie Profile - an original Enix RPG. Im really enjoying it.

  8. #698
    Inactive Member Ogreasy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, but is that the REAL reason MOST(not you guys, oh no) people play a dating sim?*cough*sex*cough*

    Hmm, It could do okay here in the States, maybe...

  9. #699
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Im sure its been done before. it just wouldnt be the sort of game you'd find in your average GAME or EB.

  10. #700
    Inactive Member Ogreasy's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 31st, 2003
    Posts
    1,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, ther have been "mature" games before if you catch my drift.
    The fundamentalists rise up really quick and ban them all though.
    It sucks...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •